Sometimes it pays off to be able to zoom in on specific details within your video to emphasize them by bringing them closer and making them more obvious. Granted this sounds a little bit complicated, but the Movavi Video Editor makes it actually fairly easy.
In fact, with this video editor not only will you be able to zoom in but you’ll have full control over exactly how you zoom in (i.e. the rate and smoothness of the transition). That in itself will help you to make the effect appear much more professional and you can tweak it to really look and feel the way that you want.
To zoom video using the Movavi Video Editor it just takes a few simple steps:
- Add the video that you want to edit to the Movavi Video Editor by clicking on the ‘Add Media Files’ button and selecting the video.
- Open the ‘Media’ panel and drag the video that you added into the ‘Timeline’.
- Open the ‘Effects’ pane and then navigate to the ‘Transform’ menu and choose the ‘Zoom-in-out’ option.
- In the preview area you’ll see a gray frame that you can adjust and resize to select the area that you want to zoom in to.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ button and you’ll see two settings: ‘Zoom-in smoothness’ and ‘Zoom-out smoothness’. Each of these control the rate at which the video will be zoomed in or zoomed out. If you only want to zoom in, set the ‘Zoom-out smoothness’ to 0.
- Adjust the sliders and click ‘Play’ to preview the results. When you’re satisfied click ‘Apply’ to apply them to your video.
- Save your video using one of the presets to automatically optimize it for any device or platform.
Initially it may take a bit of getting used to how the zoom-in effect works, but you’ll get the hang of it in no time. At the end of the day it really is very intuitive and all you need to do is play around with the sliders a little bit until you are familiar with how they affect the rate at which the video zooms in.
Before you save and optimize the final version of your video be sure to use the other powerful features of the Movavi Video Editor to enhance the video quality, trim unwanted video segments, insert stylish transitions, filters or special effects, or even add customizable text or background music. There are so many different features in the software that you’ll be amazed by how much you can do with it if you’re willing to experiment a little and try out new things.