If you want to explore hill stations, then this place cannot be missed. Dehradun is famous for the natural resources, hills and well-known boarding schools. The capital of Uttarakhand is located in the foothills of Himalayas in the Doon Valley. It is surrounded by Yamuna and Ganges Rivers. The city always has a pleasant climate and is a well-known holiday spot. So, if you are planning to go to Dehradun, here are the places you must visit: –
1. Sahastradhara: – This popular destination in Dehradun is filled with caves, waterfalls, farming lands and so much more. You will have a rejuvenating experience while you are here. The peaceful waterfalls and exciting caves make a deadly combination!
2. Tiger Falls: – Tiger Falls are located around 1400 meters above water level and these are 50 meter high waterfalls. Located in midst of the dense forest and hills, this place is gorgeous.
3. Robber’s Cave: – This long river cave is well-known as Gucchupani. This place is a unique phenomenon as it has the disappearing stream. It is said that this place was utilised by robbers who used to hide during the British rule. Hence, this is why the cave is known as the Robbers cave.
4. Mindrolling Monastery: – Discovered in 1965, this is one of the biggest Buddhist centres in India. The beautiful gardens, a huge stupa and a large statue of Lord Buddha made in Gold is stunning.
5. Rajaji National Park: – This massive land is a reserve, which has subtropical and tropical forests. It is a house for many wildlife animals, birds and fishes. It is known for the famous Bengal Tiger and Asian elephant.
6. Asan Barrage Water Sport Resort: – This water sports place had opened in 1994. It is located at the Dhalipur Lake and this resort has many different water sports like kayaking, boating, and canoeing. It is also very famous for the migratory birds. If you love birds or love clicking, this place is perfect.
7. Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology: – This is one of the best institutes of Himalayan Geology in the entire country. You can find out different facts about different places in India. If you are a history buff and want to know more about various regions of the country, then you should visit this centre.
Apart from all this, Dehradun has other few attractions as well. You can enjoy the food, different activities and pleasant cool weather throughout the year over here. If you want to beat the heat, then Dehradun is a great place to visit. You can book a train to Dehradun and also do not forget to call for food in the train for your journey. You will get food delivery in Anand Vihar station or any other on the way as you desire to have. So pack your bags and head to Dehradun for a fun weekend with family or friends.