Food is the substance that is consumed to provide nutritional support for the body. It is obtained from plants and animals that give us the essential carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, and minerals. The food habits in the world are different. There are many cuisines in the world namely Italian, French, Japanese, Chinese, American, Cajun, Thai, African, Indian and Nepalese cuisine. The presentation of the food should be lovely and eye tempting so that it encourages the people to consume food. The food industry is one of the ever-increasing demand industries.
Indian Cuisine: Indian subcontinent cuisine is one of the various cuisines in the world. In Indian Cuisine is also divided into North – East India, North India, South India, West India, and East India. The dishes are classified according to the taste and preference of the people. Indian food is also influenced by religious, cultural and traditional choices. Some of these dishes are common in more than one region of India. The dishes which are available in more than one region are varied by taste and ingredients.
Some of the Prominent Foods in Indian Cuisine
AlooBaingan Masala: It is a popular vegetarian Indian cuisine made up of Potatoes and Brinjal. The potatoes are diced and brinjals are stuffed with spices. It is served mostly with meals.
- Aloo Mutter: It is a Punjabi Dish from Indian Sub-continent. It is made from Potatoes, Peas with a spiced creamy tomato sauce. It is cooked with garlic, ginger, onion, tomatoes, cumin seeds, cilantro and other spices. It is served both dry and with gravy.
- PaneerTikka:It is a North India dish which is popular all over the country. It is served with both meals and snacks. It is prepared using chunks of paneer, cheese, capsicums, onions, tomatoes, and spices. To know the recipe of paneer tikka in Hindi, it can be found on the internet.
- Biryani: It is a Muslim originated dish from the Indian subcontinent. The various types of Biryani are Veg Biryani, Chicken Biryani, Mutton Biryani, Sindhi Biryani, Fish Biryani, Afghan Biryani etc. The main ingredients used in making biryani are rice, meat or egg, yogurt, dried fruits, potatoes, vegetables and other spices.
- ChingriMalai Curry: It is also known as Prawn Malai curry. It is a Bengali curry. It served during meals and on special occasions like weddings, celebrations and for guests. The main ingredients used for making this are prawns, coconut milk, ghee, mustard oil, onions, turmeric powder, green chilli, garlic paste, ginger paste and other spices.
- Rasgulla: It is a popular sweet in Bengal. It is served as hot, cold or at room temperature. It is syrup dessert that is served after the end of the meal or as a snack.
- PavBhaji: It is a fast food dish from Maharashtra. It is served all over the country as snack or post-lunch food. It consists of bread and paste of thick vegetable curry.
- VadaPav: It is a vegetarian fast food dish from Maharashtra. It is usually served as the snack. It is also called as Bombay Burger. The dish consists of bread bun, deep-fried potato patty, chilli peppers, garlic, and ginger.