If you have yet to visit Cape Cod, Massachusetts, you will want to make it a priority for your next road trip in a motorhome rental. From its history to its natural beauty, Cape Cod is where you will find romantic fishing towns, breathtaking views and beaches, gorgeous scenery, friendly people, and great seafood.
To truly take advantage of a visit to Cape Cod, you don’t want to limit yourself to one town or place. There are many unique towns and natural destinations to visit and you don’t want to miss out on experiencing any of them. Fortunately, it’s easy to get from one town the next, making a Cape Cod road trip a real possibility. To help you plan a mini road trip in Cape Cod, following are some of our favorite highlights
Take a look:
- Chatham: If you want to go to a place where you can walk anywhere and enjoy small-town life, Chatham is a great spot. It also has water almost everywhere you look, so if beach time is what you’re looking for, Chatham is a fabulous place to start.
- Osterville: A small village, Osterville is ideal for complete relaxation. If you are in desperate need of a break from the hustle and bustle of your city, a stay in this village will be perfect. From farmer’s markets to ponds and libraries, this quaint spot is a perfect place for forgetting big city life.
- Orleans: If you want to visit a place that will give you a glimpse into history-all the way back to the 1700’s-and reward you with unforgettable beauty, you must drive your motorhome rental on over to Orleans. Here, you can visit the beginning of the gorgeous Nauset Beach, take pictures near one of the many windmills, or enjoy a hike on one of the many trails in the area. It’s a charming town that will make you feel like you’ve gone back in time.
- Truro: Beaches galore and lighthouses to explore, Truro is an ideal spot for you to visit if you want to visit one of the area’s most charming towns. People who visit Truro tend to enjoy outdoor activities such as cycling and volleyball and depending on the season, you may even get to enjoy surfing. Head of the Meadow is one of the best spots for those who worry about lifeguards, but other beaches such as Fisher Beach and Corn Hill Beach also attract families looking for beach fun throughout the year.
- Falmouth: As if any town in Cape Cod could be described as anything but beautiful, Falmouth is a must-visit town that is rich in museums and gardens, as well as beaches and great places to eat.
Of course, Cape Cod also has wonderful natural destinations to visit. For example:
- Stellwagen Bank-This national marine sanctuary is the perfect spot for whale watching and observing marine life in all its glory. From capturing the beauty of humpbacks breaching to being able to dive the area for a rewarding experience, this is a fantastic destination for those who love water and adventure. Keep in mind that the water conditions in the area are not the best for diving amateurs, but if you have plenty of experience, you will be sure to enjoy a dive at Stellwagen Bank.
- Great Pond and Gull Pond-If you would rather avoid the open waters, go ahead and visit the Great Pond or Gull Pond. Great Pond is located in Eastham and is an excellent spot for some beach fun with the kids. Gull Pond is in Wellfleet and is a favorite spot for boating and relaxing on calm waters. Since the ocean can be wild at times in Cape Cod, if you would rather have a calmer experience with your little ones, these ponds are favorite water spots for families visiting Cape Cod.
- Waquoit Bay National Estuarine-If you don’t want to be limited to one area and would like to explore a research reserve, head on over to Waquoit Bay National Estuarine. From marshes to beaches, and plenty of trails for you to explore, it’s a good spot for those who want to explore nature while visiting Cape Cod. From kayaking to birdwatching, there is plenty of outdoor fun to be had in this area of Cape Cod.
Cape Cod, Massachusetts is a place that is full of beauty and history. It’s no wonder that many people enjoy visiting this area for their summer vacations. As a place that is rich in beautiful landscapes and charming towns, it’s the perfect place to escape to when you want to forget the stress and demands of everyday life.
Whether you stay in a cottage, hotel, resort, or you road trip through Cape Cod in a motorhome rental, one thing is for sure—you will feel relaxed and refreshed after a vacation in this idyllic area of Massachusetts.