Jharkhand Joint Competitive Entrance Examination Board (JCECEB) conducts JCECE-Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination every year to enable students to get admissions to the engineering courses offered by the various institutes in the state. A combined merit list of the candidates is prepared subject group wise on the basis of marks obtained in Jharkhand Joint Entrance Competitive Examination. Candidates are recommended for admission to degree courses seats under the control of JCECE Board Ranchi from the said list only by following reservation policies and other admission criteria prescribed by government.
If you are someone who is interested in appearing for JCECE and want to know the counselling procedure, here is all the information that you wanted to get.
The counselling for JCECE is conducted in an offline mode. Candidates who qualify the JCECE entrance examination as per the merit rank are allowed to participate in the counselling. Candidates are intimated to appear for counselling in person.
JCECE counselling fees-Candidates of general/ BC (I/II) category, who are called for counselling process are supposed to submit challan/IPO of Rs.300 (Rs.250 in case of SC/ST category).
Candidates are required to submit the requisite Counselling fee of JCECE and collect boards and Candidates copy from Post Office. Candidates must then paste the receipt copy in the space provided in the Challan and submit the Board’s Copy at the time of Counselling session of JCECE.
JCECE counselling procedure-JCECE counselling is usually held in two rounds. In the first round, all the required certificates and documents are scrutinized and are verified. The candidates are allowed to select institute and programme on merit-cum choice in the merit order. The second round of JCECE counselling is held only if the seats remain vacant after admission of candidates during the first round of counselling. The procedure for counselling during the second round is same as that in the first round.
JCECE counselling documents-At the time of counselling, candidates need to take certain documents with them. Candidates have to produce original copies and self-attested copies of the following documents at the time of counselling:
- Admit Card, Mark Sheet, Passing Certificate (Original I Provisional) of Matric I 10th I Equivalent Examination
- Admit Card, Mark Sheet, Passing Certificate (Original I Provisional) of I.Sc. I 10+2 I Equivalent Examination
- JCECE 2015 Admit Card
- Caste Certificate issued by S.D.O. (Civil) / D.C. of Jharkhand State
- Counselling letter
- Income Certificate issued by S.D.O. (Civil) / D.C. of Jharkhand State, who are claiming seat under TFW Quota
- Dependency certificate issued by competent Army Officer (for serving Army Personnel/Officer) or Dependency certificate issued by District Soldier Board (for Ex-servicemen), who are claiming seat under SMQ Quota
- Local Resident Certificate issued by S.D.O. (Civil) I D.C. of Jharkhand State
- One postcard & six passport size photographs
- Discharge Certificate (if applicable) I Pension Book, who are claiming seat under SMQ Quota
For more information about JCECE, counselling, examination, and selection you may visit the JCECE website.